Northern Thailand Self-Drive Tuk Tuk from Chiang Mai
For the perfect day trip for anyone in Chiang Mai who wants to witness authentic rural life, this tour ticks all the boxes. You will get up close and personal with elephants; try some bamboo rafting on a river; and drive your very own tuk-tuk. Fully insured and with the highest standards for quality and safety, this is the ultimate Northern Thailand adventure! Don't forget to bring your driving licence for your tuk-tuk tour. You will learn to drive these iconic three-wheeled vehicles upon arrival in the Mae Wang area. The tuk-tuks are surprisingly easy to master and once you're confident in your driving ability, we'll head out on narrow rural roads through farming villages in convoy. We visit an ethical elephant home where you will have the opportunity to interact with these incredible animals. We then float lazily along the river on a traditional bamboo raft until it's time to jump back into your tuk-tuk and wind your way back down the valley.
• Tours and transfers with English-speaking, licenced assistance;
• Transportation for tour and transfers by air-conditioned vehicle, unless otherwise stated;
• All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the program;
• All applicable taxes and service charges;
• All meals as indicated in the program (food only).
Good to know
• Duration: 8.5 hours, with departure at 8.30 am;
• Customer’s driving license is needed.
• Pick up and drop off for this Trail program are only operated within the downtown Chiang Mai areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Mae Rim, Hang Dong, Doi Saket, Mae Taeng and Chiang Mai International Airport are excluded and supplementary charges apply.